Sunday, October 1, 2017

WEEK 76: 十月奇蹟

at the temple with my best friends/comps ^_^

ANNOUNCEMENT:  Hailey returns home on October 21st.  She will be speaking and sharing her experiences Sunday, October 22nd @ The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints meeting house, 409 29th St. Glenwood Springs, CO.  The meeting begins at 9:00 a.m.  We'd love to see you there!

This week Sister Nielsen and I froze Sister Birch's sandal in water and it's probably the dumbest thing you've ever heard but it was hilarious to us hahaha (see photo below). The only problem is that we aren't super practiced in the art of the prank so when I was freezing the shoe I didn't really zip the bag all the way because pressure was high and time was short. So in the morning I went to check on the shoe and THE ENTIRE FRIDGE was covered with frozen dripped water hahaha kind of fail kind of really big success. :D 

Huang Jing Rong's baptismal interview is this coming Wednesday!!! We finished teaching her all the lessons last week - actually she finished teaching us! 
She has SO MUCH FAITH IN JESUS CHRIST! 
It has been the most amazing conversion experience to be a part of. Yesterday at church she was glowing, she wore a new dress she bought :) and her son, Simon (his English name), was being so 乖 (well-behaved). The ward has been incredible in supporting Jing Rong and are always there for her. I am so grateful for everyone's example here! This next coming weekend is General Conference (it is delayed a week in Taiwan because of translation) and then she gets baptized & confirmed the week after that!! Please pray for Huang Jing Rong. 

Yesterday at church we saw a huge miracle! We were in sacrament meeting and the elders came in with a very adorable woman.  They introduced her to us and she tells us that she was baptized when she was 8 but stopped coming to church 10 years ago (she is now 32) but she was SO excited to be back and radiated happiness.  She sat by my comps and me during the sacrament meeting and got a little teary during the passing of the sacrament. It happened to be Fast Sunday and it seemed that just about every single testimony that was shared was exactly what she needed to hear. Then with 10 minutes left in the meeting, she turns to me and asks, "Can I go share my testimony?" I was like "  當然可以!".  I'll just share a summary what of she said:

"Hi my name is Li Zhong Ai, I live in 新豐 and I haven't been to church in 10 years. I want to tell you my reason for deciding to come back. The past few weeks I have been thinking about my family and about the Restored gospel. My mother has been sick for a long time and I will always remember the support we received from church friends when my dad passed away when I was 24. The day I started questioning whether I should go back to church or not, I pulled out of my driveway and saw the missionaries. I haven't seen the missionaries since moving to this area. It was as if God was speaking to me. I didn't question the answer and here I am. I know the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ is true and I know that Heavenly Father knows us and is very aware of us."

It was such a beautiful, powerful testimony and after the meeting everyone was welcoming her and hugging her and you could see the joy in her face. She was surrounded in light and love and it is so amazing - the divine plan of God for each of us. We are gonna meet with her this Saturday and I will be sure to take a picture. 
李宗愛 IS LOVE! Miracles always.

This week we also met another incredibly prepared woman named 李怡慧 (Li Yi Hui).  I met her on exchanges with 謝姐妹 2 weeks ago and she was very interested in learning more. Well she came to the chapel and we started understanding her beliefs about God and Jesus Christ.  My favorite thing is just asking people why they are willing to learn more about Jesus Christ. She mentioned that she feels like her life has no direction and she feels life shouldn't just be day by day going by. We shared a little about how God and Jesus Christ and the Book of Mormon are our compass in life. We then felt super inspired to share the 因為 祂 video with her. After watching it she said, "Why do I feel like crying? It's not a sad cry, I just have never felt this feeling before." We bore simple testimony and promised her that there would be a lot of blessings in her life as she is willing to begin to prepare for baptism by reading the Book of Mormon and praying daily to develop her relationship with God. 
She is amazing! 

There are soo many miracles every single day! This week there were  many, many reminders and experiences of how when we keep the commandments of God our lives will always be filled with 
more joy, more direction, more miracles, and LOVE! 

I have been thinking a lot about how much God's hand is in our lives.  I love that He leads us missionaries to His prepared children and that if we stay focused on His work, He will always help us find those that are ready to hear what we have to share.  I have come to learn for myself that when we do the Lord's work the result is 
ALWAYS joy. 

Invite: find a way you can forget yourself or let go of something you want to do this coming week and sacrifice that to do something for someone else. If you pray for an opportunity to serve, God will provide one for you!! ! 

I LOVE YOU SO MUCH 

go see the miracles

xzoxox 

莫姐妹

This is the lovely 鄧秀芸! She has such a big heart and she loves learning the gospel and she always thanks Heavenly Father for giving her ways to feel His love. :') so cute


THE MANZONIE'S MADE US MEXICAN FOOD I REPEAT MEXICAN FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD

 The Manzonie's!

my favorite hobby in life is pranking sister birch