Sunday, October 15, 2017

WEEK 78: HELLO. Here are some words:)



周秀 柃: sassy, adorable, loving Zhou JM! She has already read to 2 Nephi and she is progressing so well! 
She teaches me what it means to love the Lord and recognize our complete reliance on Him.



家好!

Apparently this is the last email I send home and that has definitely not hit me yet so we will just keep going as normal:D I need to tell you guys....

黃靖容姐妹 WAS BAPTIZED AND CONFIRMED THIS PAST WEEKEND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was one of the most sacred moments of my life. She has never smiled like she smiled that day and immediately after her baptism she was just filled with LIGHT! It was so beautiful I am not gonna lie there were definitely tears in my eyes. After she was baptized she came in to share her testimony and I wish I could have recorded it to share with everyone. You seriously just need to look at Huang Jing Rong to know that Jesus Christ is real and his gospel is true. Her life has changed completely through the Book of Mormon and through Christ and Heavenly fathers love. Huang JM's process of conversion has been one of the most beautiful miracles and gifts from Heavenly Father. Everything is done through His hand! As she bore her testimony every single person in the room had a huge smile on their face. She even shared a scripture she found the night before her baptism in 2 Nephi 31:12. It says, "12 And also, the voice of the Son came unto me, saying: He that is baptized in my name, to him will the Father give the Holy Ghost, like unto me; wherefore, follow me, and do the things which ye have seen me do." She shared a powerful testimony about repentance and the Book of Mormon and man, every single person in the room had a huge smile on their face. THE FEELS! I promise this kind of joy is one where you know it couldn't be from any other source except heaven. Ahhhhhhhh so much love! Huang JieMei is one of the most humble and honest people I know and she will help and bless so many people in life with the light Christ has given her. Please pray for her and her son 淋期(Lin Qi)!

On top of that we saw a huge miracle on Tuesday that unfolded throughout the week: A woman came into the chapel to do family history work with some of the members during a family history activity. The woman's name is Zhou Li Huang and she is in her 60's. As the members are helping her enter her parent's and sibling's names, they click to the next page to load the family tree and A HUGE PORTION OF HER FAMILY HISTORY WORK IS ALREADY COMPLETED! How? Her brother is an insanely active member in PingDong Taiwan!!!!!!!!!! WHAT!?!

The moment this happened Sister Birch and I were prepping another lesson that was coming in 15 minutes. But we get a call from the member, Jiang JM, who was helping Zhou Li Huang and Jiang JM says, "Hey sisters are you still in the chapel?" And we said yep! Jiang JM goes on to say, "Well you know this Zhou JM? She is saying she want's to be baptized...this Sunday. Can you come here right now?" OH MY GOSH WHAT!!!! Sister Birch and I run to the fam history room and Zhou Li Huang turns to us and says, "how can I be baptized?" We met with her for 15 minutes, explained to her that she must first learn and prepare and act so that she can receive her own answer. We gave her a copy of the Book of Mormon and invited her to read and pray. We also gave her a baptismal calendar and before we could even invite her to set a date, she said, "so here it says we are supposed to write a date, what do I write here?" Sister Birch and I were actually speechless and just sort of stared at her in unbelief. We invited her to be baptized on 11/11 and confirmed on the 12th and she ecstatically wrote it on her calendar. Fast forward to Saturday and Zhou Li Huang shows up to Huang Jing Rong's baptismal service 30 minutes early. We walk into the room we were setting up and she was reading the Book of Mormon and shows us she had already read to 1 Nephi 15 and is praying about it!!!!!!! She casually starts telling us how much she admires Lehi and his faith. Okay this is real I promise. She came to church yesterday and basically became best friends with all the members and personally invited them to her baptism on 11/11. Then we met with her after church to share about Joseph Smith and the Restoration and she seriously just understood everything through the Spirit. As we read she would highlight and as we shared Joseph Smith's vision she repeated the words and then at the end exclaimed, "哇好棒!這個是終點!" 

I want everyone who reads my email to know that the Gospel of Jesus Christ is REAL. It is the true and full gospel of Jesus Christ and because this is His work there is power and real miracles every single day. Because God loves us he called Joseph Smith to translate the Book of Mormon- another testament of Christ! We can understand our relationship with God and Jesus Christ and we can experience the joy of repenting in God's way. Because the Restored Gospel is true I know that I can live with my family forever and that everyone on this earth is a child of Heavenly Father and that gives me so much hope to know that one day we will all live with God again in perfect, unending happiness. I love my Savior Jesus Christ and in my life the moments when I have felt the most joy is when I rely on Him. There is no happiness in life like the happiness that comes when we give ourselves to the Lord and try to share the teachings of Jesus Christ with others. I have felt pure joy and amazement over the course of my mission and I hope and pray that this is something that everyone in the world can experience in their life!!! I invite everyone to find a Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in their area, ask the missionaries for a copy of the Book of Mormon and read it from the introduction. Do what God says - read it, ponder it, and pray to know that this is from God and that it is real. There is nothing more powerful than feeling the truth of the gospel of Jesus Christ found in the Book of Mormon and the change it brings in life. Trust God and He will give you an answer that will CHANGE YOUR LIFE for the best! 

 “Men and women who turn their lives over to God will discover that He can make a lot more out of their lives than they can. He will deepen their joys, expand their vision, quicken their minds, strengthen their muscles, lift their spirits, multiply their blessings, increase their opportunities, comfort their souls, raise up friends, and pour out peace. Whoever will lose his life in the service of God will find eternal life.” Ezra Taft Benson

I love you all with all my heart and I love Jesus Christ! 

PRAYERS!

xoxox
 莫姐妹

p.s. COME TO MY HOMECOMING! (mom/ dad will you put my homecoming talk information here please? I LOVE YOU!!!)   October 22, Sunday @ 9:00 a.m. @ The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints 409 29th st. Glenwood Springs, CO 


happy happy happyy<3

IT'S RACHEL BARNEY! She is teaching English in Taiwan and is way too good to us <3 so much love for all these people

黃靖容 doing family history work with 姜姐妹!:)



all of the love in the WORLD for Huang JM ( yes my hair is manny the mammoth here in Taiwan:) )

SISTER BIRCH AND I SETTING UP FOR HUANG JING RONG'S BAPTISM! nothing but joy

黃靖容的洗禮會~ words could never suffice

THE JOY OF THE GOSPEL OF JESUS CHRIST 


黃靖容 跟她兒子淋期<33333333333333

ALL THE LOVES IN ONE PHOTOGRAPH THERE IS NO WAY TO EXPLAIN MY LOVE FOR THESE PEOPLE! (One of my best friends/RC from TaoYuan came all the way down the 竹北 to see me before I head home: remember Wu Zi Ning?!?!? She's the one on the front left<3) then Huang Jing Rong<3 then one of our amazing investigators, 張閔琇 and then the one and only Sister Birch<333333333333333333333


吳子寧 is love.